Well, it's been a busy week. I've been good and got on with my work (well, mostly...). I got my anteater from last week finished on Monday morning. She looks so much better with eyes, poor thing:
And then I tackled the little fox that is going to sit on the opposite page, illustrating 'Baby can kiss'. It's easier to have them on the board together, as I can make sure the colours work across the spread.
I got him almost done on Tuesday, but found I was slowing up towards the end, so to speed things up again, I made a start on one of the only two double page spread illustrations in this book, which incorporates 'Baby can Jump' and 'Baby can point' in one image:
I got both that and little fox finished by the time I had to go to the dentist on Wednesday afternoon (ouch!).
At the beginning of this week, I sent off my home-made scans of the 10 pieces I'd already done, but John quickly scanned these new ones and we have now sent them off too, just in time for Egmont's US sales trip.
I am now working on 'Baby can dig' featuring the baby croc on the beach, one of my favourite characters (last seen on his Nana's lap), while Sarah, my designer at Egmont, works on scans.
She will knock out the pink paper backgrounds, pop in some colour, then get it all mocked up, ready to present to the US publishers. We'll have to do it all again on the proper scans, when they're done later, but this 'quickie' system, should be fine to help sell the concept in the US, especially as they have all the properly scanned and finished artwork from Baby Goes Baaaaa! as well.
Let's hope they like it - cross fingers...