Sunday 30 November 2008

On the Radio


I've been on BBC Radio Sheffield before, but not for a quite a while. Sometimes it's to talk about my work, but mostly I'm invited to join in live discussions that look at the week's news. This can be nerve-racking. It necessitates manically swotting up the week's papers, particularly since they often invite me during party-political conference season - eee! I always dread making some awful gaff.

So it was a relief that yesterday's programme was different. It was again set up by Polly Ives to plug Sunday (see All Good Publicity...).

The downside was that it was the Breakfast Show, so an 8.30 taxi. Gareth Evans interviewed me (he'd been there since 6am!). He was great and very relaxed, which puts you at ease. The producer asked me to take in some books to talk around, even though it was radio, but we didn't really need them. It turns out Gareth has 4 kids, so they have Giddy Goat at home.

I don't suppose it lasted more than 10 minutes: it's hard to judge when you're all adrenalined up. I did make a gaff in the end though - believe it or not, I got the day of the event wrong!! Luckily Gareth corrected me, so no harm done. Duh! Polly will kill me...

4 comments:

weechuff said...

I thoroughly enjoyed your interview Lynne. You came across as exactly the type of person you are. Motivated, excited and giggly. Still a kid at heart!!!

Lynne the Pencil said...

Thank you! That's nice to know as it's so hard to tell how things come across. Glad you enjoyed it!

Unknown said...

You also made a gaffe on the spelling of gaffe. Sorry...I couldn't resist writing that (it seemed funny to me). Forgive me.

Lynne the Pencil said...

There's always a smart-alec!!!