Wednesday 10 November 2010

Away From Home


This is a hello 'in absentia': I am away at the Northern Children's Book Festival. I waved goodbye to John on Sunday afternoon and don't get back until later tonight.

It's rather fun to stay in Durham with the other authors and illustrators who are doing the festival. Last year was very sociable. It's nice to have someone to have dinner with: I do enjoy doing festivals, but the lonely evenings, killing time in a hotel, can be pretty miserable.

If all has gone to plan, I was in Stockton-on-Tees on Monday and Redcar yesterday, and today I am in North Tyneside. Hello to the children from Spring Gardens Primary, Star of the Sea RC Primary and Holystone Primary, who will all be coming into North Shields Library for one of my storytellings today!

No comments: