Monday 13 February 2017

Travels in Lanzarote: Day 5. Dangerous Beach


We had this beach at the very top of the island pretty much to ourselves.


Behind us paragliders and hang-gliders flew around the cliffs, but nobody else was in the cove. This was partly because we were well away from the main tourist beaches, just outside the fishing village of Orzola in the north, but also because it was a dangerous place to swim, because of the fierce undertow.


That didn't bother us: all I wanted was a bit of a paddle (I can't go near the sea without wetting my feet) and the chance to sit and do my sketching and chill in the sunshine.

This sketch is not in one of my normal concertina books: it was made by one of the participants in the Sketchbook Exchange project I am part of, so this is a book I had to pass on, as soon as I got home. The theme of this book (I'm afraid I can't tell you what the theme is - it's secret) was a bit tricky to fulfil in Sheffield in winter, so I took the sketchbook with me to warmer climes. I have now posted it off to Germany, to Miriam in Munich, the next person in the chain.

No comments: