Sunday 4 October 2009

Want to be a Published Writer?


Some of you budding authors out there might like to know that the BBC has just launched a massive writing competition, to find 'the greatest real-life stories never told'. And guess what the prize is? A real life publishing deal! There's not just one winner either: up to five finalists could be offered a book contract, complete with a proper advance and royalties. The real McCoy.

'My Story' was launched at the start of this month. You can read more about it on their website, but basically what they are after is true stories, on any theme, told in 300 – 1,500 words.

And that's not all! It seems that up to 15 successful entrants will get the chance to appear in a TV series on BBC1 during spring 2010. Pretty good eh?

Mark Bell, Arts Commissioner at the Beeb said: 'My Story aims to get the whole nation reading, writing and telling their most remarkable stories.'

So, get writing you guys, because you never know what might come out of your head once you start...

5 comments:

Tomás Serrano said...

It´s a great idea!

jack purvis said...

Hey might have a bash

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynne,
Great you put this information in your blog, I just finished my second revise about my True Story. Soon I'll be sending to them and who knows I'll be luck to get a deal. Daisy

Lynne the Pencil said...

Fantastic - good for you! I wish you lots and lots of luck Daisy!

Anonymous said...

I hope they don't call the Pope about what I wrote... but it is really a True Story. Thanks Lynne, for this best wishes as I would love to have that publishing deal. Daisy