Saturday 17 July 2010

Warthog Seeks a Friend at Bookaboo



I just heard the FABULOUS news that my picture book Stinky!, written by Ian Whybrow, has been selected to feature in the new series of CITV's Bookaboo - winner of Best Children's Programme in the Broadcast awards earlier this year!


If you have children of the right age (or are just a big kid like me), you might well have seen the wonderful job the Happy Films guys did with Class Two at the Zoo in the first series.


They select such a small list from all the books out there, to be chosen a second time is a massive feather in my cap and I am totally chuffed to bits.


We got the rather sexy, and completely brilliant, Robson Green to read Class Two at the Zoo - can't wait to find out who they will choose to read Stinky!.

I will of course keep you posted about who they decide is going to be the wee, smelly warthog's new friend, and when it is scheduled to be broadcast.

4 comments:

cassia said...

Brilliant, Lynne! Welldone!!!*

*I reckon you should put in a request for George Clooney...

Lynne the Pencil said...

Ooo - nice idea...

Alice said...

Congratulations, Lynne!

Hugh Jackman gets my vote.

Jon Davis said...

Huzzah, top stuff, well done.

I reckon Michael Gambon or Ian McKellan would be good.
Lovely and rich and actory.

And I actually really like David Hockney's voice.
He's had a few documentaries over the last few years, and I've really enjoyed listening to him.