Friday 13 January 2012

Sheffield Hallam University: Last Day



Yesterday was the final day of my latest batch of teaching at the university. That's it for the time being and I can't say I'm not pleased - 2 half days out of each week is quite a distraction, on top of my other out-of-studio events.




On Wednesday morning each of my illustration students took turns to present their finished project work to me - they had just 5 mins each (I set a stopwatch!). Then on Thursday morning I had to grade them all and write feedback. 




It's interesting being on the other side of the fence: I can still (just about) remember what it felt like to be the one doing the presenting and worrying about what grades I would get. 


How strange to think of everything that has happened since then, none of which I could have predicted (especially since my degree was in Printed Textiles and not Illustration!).




In case anyone's interested, all the above sketches were done using the Inktense water-soluble pencils that Derwent kindly donated. They were all finished on the spot, whilst waiting for, or riding on the bus. I've found the Inktense pencils are great for real quickies, especially if you select just 3 or maybe 4 colours to work with.

No comments: