Thursday 3 March 2011

World Book Day in Liverpool


Today is World Book Day, a time when author and illustrators all over the place are visiting schools and libraries to celebrate the magic of books. I am spending it with the children at Whitefield Primary School in Liverpool. I'm actually there for two days, working with all the different classes, so very early this morning I packed a suitcase, got on a train and abandoned John to his own devices once again.

There are tons of events going on all week in loads of schools, but also in quite a few libraries and bookshops around the country, so check and see if there is anything in your area.

There are also six specially produced World Book Day books that you can buy for just £1, including one by my childhood favourite: the fabulously inventive wordsmith and crazy illustrator Dr. Seuss.

So, why not spend at least part of your day with your nose in a favourite book? Have a fun time and I'll 'see' you when I get back from Liverpool.

In the meantime - hello to all the kids at Whitefield Primary: happy reading!

No comments: