The roughs that I finished last week, have now been inserted into page layouts by Sarah, the designer at Egmont Books. Below are the first 2 spreads.
I used hand-drawn text on my roughs, to show roughly what I had in mind, and Sarah asked if I wanted to keep that for the finished book, but I thought it would make for a cleaner finish if we had a proper font. I really like Sarah's choice.
Although the final drawings for Baby Goes Baaaa! have been approved by my editor, it seems that they still have to be presented to the Senior Art Editor to be signed off, ready for the artwork to proceed.
I won't hear the verdict until Monday, so I am filling the time by getting things ready, cutting all my pink pastel paper to size, so I'm ready to roll!