Monday 12 July 2010

Writing a Foreword


I am rather honoured that I have been asked to write the forward for a lovely new book of children's short stories.
The book is being produced as part of the We Are Writers project, set up by the publisher Scholastic.

The project aims to inspire children to write. It offers them the exciting opportunity to see their own writing in a real, published book. The books are designed on-line, using a simple template, so children can even type in their own work and see how it will look on the page.

The book I have just written a foreword for is by the KS1 children at Our Lady and St Anne's School, where I visited in Spring. It was a joy to browse through their stories - children have such lively and colourful imaginations. As adults, it is all too easy to fall out of the habit of letting our minds run free.

Good luck to you all at Our Lady and St Anne's – I’m sure your book will be a great success!.

1 comment:

get someone to write your essay said...

This grate experience for me to work with a designer. As a illustrator he was a grate one and i see he loves it so much. This is point of here that a designer need to be a good person.