Monday 2 November 2009

Yet More Sketching in Transit...


Today I am packing my bags again and making my way to Wigan in Lancashire, where tomorrow I will be spending the day at Millbrook Primary School. So, poor John is on his own once more tonight (and will no doubt celebrate with wall-to-wall History Channel and bacon butties for dinner!

I will let you know how I get on later but, in the meantime, I thought you might like to see some drawings I didn't get to show you last week, from my journeys to Corby and Dungworth school.

Sketching the taxi driver above took me the whole journey to Dungworth School, about half an hour, because the roads were so bumpy: every time I went to put pencil to paper, we leapt and joggled about. Sheffield's roads are in a right state!


I got to the school a bit early, so had a cup of tea in the staff room. Everyone else was off teaching, so I decided to pass the time by sketching the chaos that was the staff room table. Then I showed it to all the kids I saw during the day!

6 comments:

Steven said...

These look great, Lynne.

Lynne the Pencil said...

Thanks Steven.

I'm really rather enjoying playing around with the colour afterwards too. I like the way it does'nt have to be too precious, and try to do it as quickly and instinctively as the aketching.

Lisa Graves said...

you are really quite amazing. I'm a big fan.

Jess said...

That's hilarious You cheeky thing! ;) I love these drawings, especially the taxi drivers's coat. I like the way you've described the fabric, really lovely.x

Lynne the Pencil said...

Thank you - I really appreciate it! A few more to come from yesterday's trip too. I'll post them soon.

Priyatamil said...

Excellent and very cool idea and the subject at the top of magnificence and I am happy to this post..Interesting post! Thanks for writing it. What's wrong with this kind of post exactly? It follows your previous guideline for post length as well as clarity..
CAT coaching in chennai