Tuesday 8 September 2009

Imelda Staunton Reads Class Two


A brand new edition of Class Two at the Zoo will soon be available with a CD! We are really lucky to have bagged the brilliant Imelda Staunton to read the story.

The publisher has created these designs for the CD and case, re-using my illustrations from the original picture book. They emailed them to me for my approval: this is always done when my illustrations are re-used in a different format.

I've illustrated Chapter books, which have occasionally become talking books, such as the Broomstick series, but this is my first picture book in this format, and I'm chuffed to see our reptilian friend hob-nobbing with all these celebs: first Robson Green, now Imelda. Ssssssssssuper!

This new edition will be in the shops from November 5th, with the CD sold as a package with the picture book, UK price £7.99. I can't wait to hear it!

6 comments:

Julie Dunion said...

That's brilliant Lynne, it much be such a thrill for you :-) Just in time for christmas too, I must get one to put in with my niece's gift.

Jill said...

What a thrill for us too, rubbing virtual shoulders with celebs. Hope the sales go well.

Lynne the Pencil said...

Don't forget Julie - if you want a signed copy when it's available, I'd be more than happy.

Doda said...

That's very cool. I am reading this book to my three year old just now and she loves it. I am sure I.S. will read it wonderfully.

cassia said...

ooh, she'll be a great voice for the story! How brilliant!

Damian Harvey said...

That's exssselent news Lynne - it'll be good to see Class Two being displayed with some of the other cd enhanced books. They seem to be very popular.