Friday 8 May 2009

Sniffle Sniffle


Today I have a cold (pause for sympathy). I felt it coming on last night, but went jiving anyway, which was possibly a mistake...


garden shelving

I also didn't help matters by sitting outside drawing in the afternoon. I was lulled by the sunshine into thinking it was warm, but then the sun went in and the wind came on and it was FREEZING! I was half way through the drawing above though, so had to carry on (dedication eh?).

Same thing happened at the weekend, drawing this. I have a pretty shallow learning curve:

painting the paints

This was when the waterproof ink started playing up again. After a brief flush of success, it went flaky again, drying up all the time, so I got a tad tetchy:

I'll have to try a different make, but in the meantime, because I was using non-waterproof, things got a little messy with the garden shelving, so I tidied up a little in Photoshop afterwards.

This is the before and after:

7 comments:

Buskitten said...

LOVE the garden shelving Lynne! This sort of thing does it for me - your garden? Sorry you're sniffing and get well soon (Have a wee hot toddy!)

Brad said...

Lynne I have that exact same sketchbook page with all the scribbles complete with the GRRRR's too! hahah!

ale balanzario said...

Beutiful sketches, I like so much this kind of sketches your doing lately,

Ale

http://withblueberryheart.blogspot.com/

cassia said...

brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! I love the look of these. bold in all the right places and delicate also in all the right places.

That scribbly one is awesome too.
:0)

get well soon, Snuffles! cxxx

Jess said...

You've made a lovely drawing despite the discomfort! Was it really that neat and tidy?

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

damn, sooooo good.

Veronica said...

I love this sketch (and your shelves are so neat and tidy!)