Thursday 25 November 2010

Children's Books Window & Waterstones!


Remember the window display I was working on? Well - yahoo! - it's all done and looking very Christmasy. In fact, it went up while I was away at the festival and conference. If you want a look, it's on Cambridge St, just off Pinstone St.


You can't really get the full effect here I'm afraid as it was very tricky to photograph. It's too long to do in one shot without a fancy lens, and I couldn't get that far back because of parked cars, so I had to join 3 pics together to give you the general idea.

I was a bit worried for a while: it turns out the printer did the vinyls slightly wrong (in my ignorance, I didn't know any better until I delivered them), but I'm really pleased with how the guys at Showcase, who created the display, have put it all together.


I'm also using the window to exhibit a selection of the best local entries to my Hairy Scary Illustration Competition.

The children's drawings were not up when I took my photos, which is why it still looks a little bit bare in places, but I was in town yesterday (forgot to take my camera this time - duh) and they look brilliant.


To fit with the woodland look and the big dragon at the front, we have taken the washing line from Dragon's Dinner, and pegged the best of the Sheffield schools' entries to it. They are strung out along the entire 16ft length of the window, and really give it punch - thanks, and WELL DONE, to the kids from Dobcroft Infants and Greenhill, St Giles, Emmaus & Woodseats primary schools!


My display is staying up until Christmas - let's hope it helps to shift lots of luverly books as Christmas presents! To help it along, I am doing a storytelling event in Waterstones in Orchard Square on Sunday Dec 5th at 12pm. So, if you are free, come along and say hello, especially if you have some little ones.

And don't forget, a signed book, especially one with an original drawing by the illustrator inside, makes an extremely affordable and rather special pressie... Come on, you know you want one...

5 comments:

Croom said...

oooh I want one, I want one!

Well done Lynne, The window looks great even before the drawings :O) Wish I could come along to see you but living in Spain it would be a bit of a journey. x

Lynne the Pencil said...

Thank you! x

Vivien said...

Well done!

Jayne Schofield said...

you're work is fab !!

Allen jeley said...

Wow such a great collection of the book and this article tell us how to teach this collection to the kids with easy way thanks for share it personal statement for pharmacy school .