On Monday I got down to work again on my Bears on the Stairs picture book artwork. Rather than finishing off the previous pieces, left over from before I did the Edinburgh Festival, I decided to start a new spread, so I could get some momentum back (I find I get slower and slower towards the end of a piece, whereas with pastels, you can quickly cover loads of ground at the start).
Another reason for leaving the finishing off is that, before I could do stripes on the trousers etc, I had to 'fix' things. This can be very disheartening, as it changes the colours and sets you back, but it's necessary, not just to help prevent smudging, but to cleanly lay new pastel over old.
There's to be a floral pattern on the lime wallpaper, but I'm not sure about colour, so I have to do some tests.
Hope you like how it's looking so far!