Monday 27 October 2014

Urban Sketching Badges



During our recent sketch-day in the museum, I was given a pressie: a big bag a badges to distribute to all my Urban Sketchers Yorkshire members! They are cut from acetate and are very smart:


Those of you who are not close followers of Urban Sketchers are probably a bit confused. Actually, quite a few of my group didn't recognise the Urban Sketchers logo! I must admit, I have no idea what the relevance of the design is (I must ask the Powers That Be), but trying to work it out gave us something to think about over our lunch in the museum's cafe.

Thanks so much to Mike, who is actually part of the Manchester Urban Sketchers group, but who is also having a bit of a fling-on-the-side with us Yorkshire folk. A mate of his, who has a bit of sheet-cutting machinery, made the badges with a big lump of left-over acetate and so both the Manchester and Yorkshire groups are now properly labelled!

4 comments:

Janice L-H said...

Sorry if this is a duplicate but, it always looked like part of a skyscraper to me! Any extras?

Lynne the Pencil said...

You're half right: apparantly the idea is that it looks like a sketchbook with windows onto the world. Can't remember about the line...

Erika said...

The line makes it look like a moleskine notebook, in mu opinion!

Anonymous said...

The badge rocks...and I want one...but I live in Belgium, buhuhu! (deweldeman at fb)