Wednesday 5 June 2013

Speed Sketching



I  have really got into sketching out of the car window as we drive. Luckily for everyone, I am the passenger, not the driver! It's not disimilar to drawing from the train window, but of course you do have the additional luxury of the view forward, which makes things a little easier.


We travelled up to the north Lake District for the Ireby Music Festival last weekend and I sketched most of the way up and part of the way back. 


I enjoy the challenge of the crazy amount of time you have before everything has changed or passed by, although it does often make me grumpy too, as I have an extremely poor visual recall, so find I can't draw from memory at all.


I did lots of sketching at the festival too. I'll post some of those once I've had time to do the scanning in.

2 comments:

ann @ studiohyde said...

Lovely sketches from the car..helps make the journey more interesting and gives the passenger something to do :)

Lynne the Pencil said...

Yes - long journeys fly by!