Sunday 5 September 2010

..and Again


How lucky am I? I managed to take another morning (well, a couple of hours anyway) to walk down to the Botanical Gardens to practice my painting some more. It's been so sunny, it seemed crazy not to take advantage of this last bit of remaining summer.


Sitting on the grass, painting away, I was approached by a 12yr old girl, who had a big sketchbook under her arm. She said, very politely, that she hoped she wasn't disturbing me, but she also liked to draw and paint. Rose sat beside me the rest of the time, chatting and drawing while I finished my paintings.


She like to design dragons, and drew me one, so I drew her my dragon from Dragon's Dinner as a little gift to remember the morning. She did this little sketch of us and gave it to me:


One of the gardeners, who had been working on a bed a few feet away, suddenly sat down on the grass and also whipped out a sketchbook and pastels! She said she always drew in her lunch break to relax. What an arty morning!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How magical! The three artists come together in a beautiful spot on a beautiful day and share a beautiful moment in time!

Serena Lewis said...

What a wonderful moment in time! I love meeting other artists by chance. Great sketches too!

Vicky L. Williamson said...

I love your spontaneous "sketch crawl" -- How cool to be joined by fellow artists!

Lynne the Pencil said...

Ha ha - I never thought of it like that, but it was kind of like a mini sketchcrawl!