Tuesday 1 June 2010

Whirlwind Week...


Last week was crazy but fun, and this week starting much the same (you know I love it that way). We spent Sunday driving back down from the Ireby Music Festival in The Lake District and got home at 7pm. First thing Monday morning, I was off to Birmingham for the Book Bash festival.


It was a smashing event: I was there for the 2nd day of the Book Bash and there was so much going on all day long: really buzzing, but really well organised, so it all ran like clockwork.


I did 3 storytelling sessions in a big marque, read 6 books and met 100s of children and families through the day.

For once I even had time to sneak a peek at a couple of other author events: Guy Bass (on the left) and Chris White, both hilarious and excellent!

The drawings above were real quickies sketched while sitting at the festival's signing table (it was a bit of a shame that Waterstones didn't get in as many of my books as I would have liked, so a big 'sorry' to those who we had to turn away empty-handed).

The two drawings below are my train sketches on the way home:



Today is a breather, or sort of: put washing-machine on, get hair cut, check emails, write invoices... then tomorrow I am doing another storytelling, for National Family Week. I'm at home in Sheffield this time though (phew).


So - if you are free tomorrow afternoon, that's Wednesday 2nd, get yourself over to Sheffield's Central Children's Library at 2pm, and bring your diminutive-ones!

No comments: