Sunday 4 April 2010

A Bit of Actual Illustration!


My goodness - what with the Spring school-visit season and all the palaver over my feet, it seems like ages since I've done any proper illustration work. Fortunately, as you know, I've been doing plenty of drawing in the interim, but still.


So... I have returned to my baby book project at last. It's been on and off since, gosh, this time last year, because it keeps being pushed aside by more urgent things!

Anyway, it still needs a few more characters developing, and some nips and tucks to the existing roughs. I've begun working on that now, then once I get back from my walking holiday, I am determined to get it shown to some publishers, so I can find out if it's going to fly or not.



I wish I could post some of the character sketches (I am particularly proud of my Nana Crocodile), but I'm guessing I should keep them to myself a while longer. I see the finished illustrations as quite bold and largely background-free, similar in style to my crazy, pogo-fish above and to When You're Not Looking!, which is also aimed quite young.

No comments: