Friday 18 December 2009

Tattoo Update



Gary loves his tattoo design (phew), with one reservation: he's not keen on the section below her chin. He feels the hand looks a bit 'witchy' and he would like to see a little cleavage. Well, I suppose he is a bloke...


I gave it a quick rework, as you can see above.

Now, time is a bit tight this close to Christmas, and hands are quite tricky, so that's my excuse for what you may or may not have spotted...



Yes, because I attempted to do it from imagination rather than life, I nearly let poor Gary have a 5-fingered woman tattoo: I'd forgotten her thumb! It was only when I did this cropped image for the blog that I noticed my mistake. Whoops.

So, I did it properly, and took my sketchbook to the mirror...


Here she is again, with the correct compliment of digits, as well as Gary's added hint-of-boobs...

8 comments:

Jill said...

I think I agree with Gary - from a distance her flowers looked a little like a fleecy chest!

ale balanzario said...

I also agree with Gary and Jill, :)

Croom said...

He he, I must say I did think she had a hairy chest too. She is beautiful and her hand (and boobs) look great. We would like to see a photo of the actual tattoo if possible. :O)

Lynne the Pencil said...

Ha ha - it's funny how you see what you want to see: it had never occurred to me that it looked like a hairy chest!

Nikira said...

I see only flowers and I like the idea of extra finger because it could be secret magical sign.

Lynne the Pencil said...

Wonderfully mysterious, definitely back to being a bit witchy though...

Diana said...

I never noticed the hand/chest in the first drawing. I guess I'm not looking there. I do like the revision much better. He should be pleased.

Diana
http://dianaartblog.blogspot.com/

Jess said...

Haha! Thank goodness you noticed the finger problem at this stage!x