Saturday 17 October 2009

Brrr! Grrr! Dinosaures!



Poemes prehistorics amb humor, sorpreses, informacio i ... TERROR! (?!?)

The postman just bought me another of those lovely, surprise packages. When I opened it up I found... 4 translated co-edition copies of Gnash, Gnaw, Dinosaur!. I thought they were in Spanish, then I was told that, no, they were Portuguese. But today various people have told me that it is in fact Catalan. Aha!

As always, I'd rather my books be read by children than just sit on shelves, so I'm giving them away. So - anyone out there with children that read Catalan? Better still, do you have a 'good cause' I could donate a copy to, like a school, library or some such? Let me know and a signed copy could be on its way to you next week.


Today I am also wondering how Bears on the Stairs got on at the Frankfurt Book Fair... It's SO important these days that other countries sign up for co-editions of new titles, especially America. Crossing fingers that they liked it!

5 comments:

Alicia Padrón said...

Oh Lynne that is so exciting! :o)

Actually the pic of the book you have there is in portuguese. So maybe people in Brazil or Portugal could be interested.

I followed all your process with Bears n the Stairs and it's been so wonderful. Thank you for letting us have a peek into your process. Your work is brilliant! :o)

Alicia Padrón said...

Oh no, don't say that Lynne. That is a perfectly understandable mistake, portuguese is very similar to spanish. :o)

No, no portuguese for me. I speak spanish and english, that's pretty much it. ;o)

devyn larson said...

The Yanks in this house think you are fabulous! ")

Alicia Padrón said...

You know? You are going to say I'm just nuts, but I was reading it again and think I was mistaken. Now I think it could be Catalan. Haha.. so sorry Lynne.

All I know for sure is that is not Spanish. Anyway, this doesn't take away the fact that is so great to have your book in different languages! What a great feeling that must be. :o)

Lynne the Pencil said...

Ha, this so funny! I have just woken to emails this morning telling me it is not Portuguese but Catalan.

No worries - seems we have got to the bottom of it in the end - will change the post again. Hee hee!