Thursday 26 March 2009

Gnash Gnaw Advance Copy


It's my week for nice surprises from the postman!

I just got the advance copy of the next new book: Gnash, Gnaw, Dinosaur!. The author and illustrator always get sent a copy of a new book a little in advance of publication, usually a week or two. This title isn't due for publication until June though, so the advance copy is much earlier than usual. Which is why it came as such a surprise.

Kingfisher (which is now part of Macmillan), have made a really lovely job of production: the colours are spot on and all the flaps are absolutely perfectly aligned, which can't be an easy matter, I'm sure. I hope Tony Mitton is as pleased as I am.

By the way, I want to apologise for being a bit sluggish with putting the two new books on my website, and updating the Funclub puzzles. You may remember that I am about to have the website redone (see Website Redesign). I might just wait until that's done, as one of the reasons for having it redesigned professionally (I did it all myself the first time), is to make it quicker and easier to add new stuff.

Bear with me!

No comments: