Wednesday 15 April 2009

Blast From the Past


My 'after the holidays' return to work started really nicely, with a visit from someone I've not seen in years. I taught Phil Alderson when he was a student at the Sheffield College. I stopped teaching about 12 years ago, so we're going back some!



I loved Phil's work even then, and have been keeping an eye on what he's been up to. He has illustrated all sorts of projects, including designing educational e-games and selling his work as prints. He also has two published children's novelty books:


He would like to get into more mainstream picture books (publishers take note!) and wanted feedback on new portfolio work, which is how he came to be visiting the studio yesterday. He also brought the exciting news that he is to be a father, literally any day, so congratulations Phil and Helen!!




By the way, if you are the proud owner of nippers of your own, Phil will shortly be selling ABC posters featuring these and many other funny characters on his website.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

THese are very cute!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much! I've never been blogged before! And thanks for saying so many nice things!

Was great to see you the other day - i will keep you posted on my progress

Hope to catch up again soon - Phil