Wednesday 24 September 2008

Too Many Distractions...


Hello again. I've been trying to get down to some writing today. Well at least, sketching some ideas for bits of stories. I have two or three possibilities to think about, and you'd think it would be easy to get myself to do something so creative.

Instead, I am still finding a million other jobs to do, admitted, most of them are fairly legitimate, but still...

One less justifiable distraction is a reunion in a couple of weeks with school friends from 30 years ago. Remember that centenary visit to my old primary school? (see Alice in Wonderland Goes Back to School). Well, it's started a ball rolling, and it's very tempting to spend ages on Facebook and Friends Reunited, rooting people out.

I only have up to next Tuesday before my school visits start kicking in, so I've got to get my head together soon, and get down to what I should be doing. So, I have resolved to turn off the computer this afternoon, take my sketch book and pencil off into another room, and try again to concentrate.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

weechuff said...

Hopefully you won't see this comment until tomorrow!! Good luck with the concentrating!!

Lynne the Pencil said...

Thank you! Yes, it worked pretty well and I did from 2.00 to 5.30 without a significant break, so that made up a bit for the bad behaviour of the morning.