Sunday 10 November 2013

I Like Presents!




Hi there: me and my sketchbook again. I thought you might like to see a few train sketches, from last week. 


I was really pleased that I managed 10 sketches in one return journey. To keep things interesting, I kept swapping between my Inktense watercolour pencils and my beloved Sailor fountain pen


I was out for the day, visiting the itsy-bitsy children in the Nursery and Reception classes at Oakworth Primary School in Keighley, near Leeds: lovely school, smashing teachers. 


Actually, I don't usually work with Nursery - they are just that bit too much like hard work, but the school was insistent that it was that age group only they wanted me to see. I groaned inwardly, but conceded. 


However, in the end it worked out really well. They were ever so grown up (the children more than the teachers, to be honest) and listened really well. 


At the end of the day, as a special thank you, the teachers actually gave me a bottle of wine to bring home. How sweet it that? (take note other schools: I like presents!).


Unfortunately it was another hellish journey home, because of a failed train blocking the track. 


That's one reason why I got quite a few drawings done - we left school about 4pm, but I didn't get home until 7pm (groan).


I was finally staggering from the train as we got into sheffield, when a man leaned across and asked if I had any tips to help with sketching. Bit of a big queations when you have about half a minute, so I tols him about SketchCrawl North. Maybe he might come along one day.


7 comments:

larry said...

These are wonderful, Lynn. Wish I had a train. All I have is a very bumpy bus. I try, but it's very hard to sketch on a bus.

Cheers --- Larry

Balaji Venugopal said...

Terrific sketches and its so enjoyable to read your narration too.

lee kline said...

Beautiful work! I am so happy that I found your BLOG.

https://drawingofmind.blogspot.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
https://drawingofmind.blogspot.com said...

Love your blog & drawings so much Lynne! Thank you for your tips.
I Link your blog to mine, hope you don't mind ^_^
http://drawingofmind.blogspot.com/

Lynne the Pencil said...

Thank you for your lovely comments folks- much appreciated :-)

college paper writing service said...

They are only that bit an excessive amount of like diligent work, yet the school was persistent that it was that age amass just they needed to see. Working with that process will bring some value.