Saturday 8 December 2012

Drawing People on the Train in Watercolour Pencils




I've been back and forth to Nottingham on the same train so many times recently that I've begun to feel like a real commuter. I even started to recognise the same people in the mornings. 


But now I've finished my Storytelling Through Illustration project, I don't have to get out of bed at 6 o'clock any more, at least for a while (phew). 

These are some sketches from last week. I've filled half a sketchbook during this project (I was especially prolific on my wrong train adventure) and my favourite colours have been worn down to stumps.


It's been good fun (Y3 children are my favourite) and it's made a really nice change to work with the same group of children for a whole day at a time. Still, I can't say I'm not pleased to be back in the studio again after such a long stretch of nothing but school visits, interspersed with odd days of mad catch-up at the computer... 


Which is what I have mostly been doing with the end of this week, though John has been great, holding the fort for me over the last few weeks, fielding enquiries, ordering books and writing all the invoices. 

I am really looking forward to getting back to doing some actual writing and illustration on Monday morning (but not too bright and early...)

2 comments:

Ethna said...

I love these Inktense train people!
They make my day! Lynne, are you adding the water (or maybe the waterbrush) while on the train or back in the studio?

Lynne the Pencil said...

Thank you Ethna. I always add the water on the spot, as it only takes a moment. Yes, I use a waterbrush, which makes it so much easier on the hoof.