Wednesday 12 January 2011

Coates Lane Primary School


Today I am out of the studio visiting Coates Lane Primary School, in Barnoldswick near Skipton. I had to get up at the crack of dawn (if only - in fact it was some hours before dawn) to be ready for a 6.30 taxi collection (ghuh...).


By the time you read this, I will already have read some stories and drawn some pictures with Reception and Year 1. I should have munched my school lunch (I always loved school dinners when I was a kid: I have very fond memories of the cheese pie...) and by now I should be doing some book signing.

Since Mrs Boon only needs me to work with KS1, we've been able to set aside a whole session for signing, which means I can take my time and do little drawings in all the books the children buy, which helps to make them that bit more special.

This afternoon I'll be with Year 2, then hopping back on a train to Sheffield (hopefully bagging a few train-passenger sketches on my way), ready to get stuck into my new picture book tomorrow morning. See you later!

No comments: