The non-waterproof ink cartridge finally ran out just after I started this drawing, so I ran indoors and got out the waterproof ink and special plunger thingy.
I gave it a good rinse out, but was impatient to get back to the drawing before the sun disappeared, so I didn't wait for it to dry, which is probably why I had a bit of trouble with the rest of the drawing: the line kept drying up on me. Dammit dammit dammit!
I painted it over the weekend, at the same time of day. You can see where the corner of the laundry basket bled a bit, but I quite like the softer, 'rough & ready' look it gives.
I emptied the pen out and refilled it before doing this next one. Much better. Phew. By the way, these are those Stabilotone water-soluble pencils I used for the 'theatre' illustration:
Sorry, I didn't think to scan it before I started the painting, so you only have the colour version.
The amusing thing was, I realised just as I was ready to start the colour, that all my brushes were in the picture! Fortunately I remembered my waterbrush: if you've never used one, they are plastic, with a water chamber you fill and can squeeze to get water to the bristles. Perfect for painting out and about.