Wednesday 1 March 2017

World Book Day Visits


Because I have has so much else on my plate in recent times, I've not been doing quite as many school visits as usual, but the week of World Book Day is always booked up in my calendar ages in advance, and this year is no exception.

So, this week I am out in a different school every day, reading my books to littluns, doing drawing demonstrations at the flipchart, giving talks and running kids illustration workshops.




In past years it has been a bit heavy, as I often need to get up at some crazy hour, to get a train early enough to catapult me across the country for start of day. Not too bad as a one-off, but in a run of visits, it can get exhausting. So, this year I am delighted that all my visits are in the north of England, so I will hopefully have the energy left to enjoy myself.

Monday I was in Dewsbury, Tuesday was Nottingham, today I am in Doncaster, Thursday will be Leeds with the lovely folk at the School Library Service, then Friday back in Nottingham again. Phew!

2 comments:

Beo said...

Hi Lynne,
I'm reading about every post of you but never left a comment...
That's not fair, as I love what you show. It' always wonderful and
very inspiring!
So I say THANK YOU to you!

Ciao Beo

Lynne the Pencil said...

What lovely feedback Beo! Thank you so much for letting me know. It's great to hear that someone is reading and enjoying my ramblings :-D